Monday, July 14, 2008

cars, cable, and memories

I called the cable company this morning to add on to my current package. The guy on the phone said, "now, for six months you either get a discount or a movie channel free..." I don't care about the movie channels, dude, I want the Science Channel!!! I got it specifically for the opportunity to watch the Discovery documentary on the Urban Challenge - Astrowahoo might be on tv!

But as I sit here waiting for Robocars! to come on, I find myself fascinated by learning how they make electric razors, and how the shipping industry works - they're showing us how Peterbilt big rigs are made, and showing the living cabin in the back. I have a sudden flashback to a hot day and a broken down car on the side of the road. Momola and two little girls with a mile to go before the next exit and a car that's not going anywhere. So we started walking. An eighteen wheeler pulled over, and as no one would consider today, we climbed in. My sister and I bounced on the cot in the back as we were driven up the road to the nearest gas station, where we called for a tow and a ride. It was a different time.

Anyway, I had plans to kill this additional cable when the episodes of this documentary where over, but my goodness are these shows cool! I'm fascinated by "How Do They Do It?" and did you know that on GreenPlanet Emeril now has a "green" cooking show?? Ok, we're almost halfway through the first episode of Robocars! and it's so exciting - funny to see people I know on tv, but they've done a great job with the show, and I'm having a great time watching the teams gearing up for the race! It's going to be a couple of episodes, I think, before any glimpse of me will be on, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: