Monday, December 8, 2008

on travel.

I just got back from a quick trip up to NYC for a math workshop. While waiting for a friend at a restaurant I actually wrote out a post about the meeting itself - mathematicians are funny. But this weekend I haven't had time to log in and type it up. I actually worked both days this weekend, and I started to elaborate on that fact, but just sounded whiny. I've worked the weekend away, and am hoping to take some time off at the end of the week to compensate. We'll see how that goes. I wasn't the only person frustrated with having to work over the weekend, however. As the train pulled into Union Station, a man across the aisle, completely content to hold an inane conversation with his cute, young, co-worker while the train was moving, suddenly became "the guy who must be first off the train." Now I sympathize with that guy, I am that guy - to a point. Saturday night, I wanted to turn around and say, "Look, buddy, sigh one more time. Because that really lets me and everyone ese in front of you in the aisle know just how much we're in your way." You should have seen his face when I ended up in front of him in the cab line... the evil part of me grinned.

No comments: