Wednesday, January 7, 2009

moving slow.

It's hard to feel that rush to get in to the office when you were there until 7pm last night and there's no meeting or urgent task waiting for you today. I got up at the normal time, made my tea and sat with that cat reading the paper no longer than usual. Then I made the mistake of turning on the computer while still in my pjs. I decided it was time to upload some pictures and say hello. I should be in the shower. Actually, I should be out of the shower, putting on my work clothes and debating the use of the hair dryer - it's cold and rainy out, but the damn thing is so loud.

I haven't told you any of the fun that made up my holidays. Christopher's first viewing of White Christmas, the mystification at Vera Ellen's missing ribs, the production of West Side Story with "I Feel Pretty" sung in Spanish - a nice touch, but I can't sing along with that, my first ever experience sending food back - oh so worth it, in the end, but rather guilt-inducing in the moment. Then there was the birthday, a juvenille celebration of adulthood that I enjoyed immensely, and even (mostly) remember. I took a picture. Actually, I took many, and there were others present, as well, but for now, let this tide you over:


The next day we laid about watching tv, mostly because we couldn't move. I couldn't keep down water. It was the usual New Year's Eve. I've chosen not to make resolutions this year, rather promised a refocusing on larger goals that will require more than a year to achieve. It's life, a work in progress. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and I'm back on the blog, so until next time...

No comments: