Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Crafting

I got toys for Christmas!  It was strange to wake up Christmas morning and know that I wasn't going to see the family, but cell phones and video chat are magical things.  It was great to talk to everyone as they unwrapped presents and went to various holiday gatherings.  And me?  I was wearing new Christmas PJs, drinking coffee with egg nog, eating bacon, and enjoying a lazy quiet morning - playing with my new toys as enthusiastically as my nephew!  I got the most wonderful set of needles, and a new yarn swift (contraption pictured below, aids in the winding of balls from skeins of yarn), and new yarn, as well!

The yarn acquired previously, check the beautiful needles!

Lace always looks a jumble until you block it out...
Blocking is a feat of magic!

A birthday scarf for the almost-birthday girl!
For Daddo.
Daddo was unimpressed with my glee over the new knitting gadgetry - you'd think he'd have a greater appreciation for the implements needed to make his Christmas scarf.  Apparently not.  These babies were also under the tree with my name on them, and they're going to work a treat at the office - who can't hear you now?  That would be me - I tested them today at home, with the world's loudest dishwasher silenced for the gentle tones of Kate Rusby while I worked on the couch.  It was wondrous.  I'm a very lucky and spoiled girl.


1 comment:

charm said...

Very nice! It looks cool! Very creative and pampy! I really like it:)