Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BNYC 2ME

That was a license plate I saw near the office last week. I thought, at first, that it was a plea based on the driving mentality of the DC area (see earlier post). It then occurred to me that the spelling could go two ways. Maybe the driver was looking for a nicer world. Alternatively, the spelling could indicate the driver's heritage - and no one who calls New York City home is looking for a more friendly driving experience. Nope, that driver is looking for commuting cohorts who know how to use the horn, and that driving slow in the left-hand lane is a cardinal sin.

In the end, I have no idea what that license plate is meant to say. I just know that one way, you've got a driver who should be living somewhere else, and another, an accident waiting to happen. Either way, it's a pretty stupid plate.

No comments: