Friday, September 5, 2008

kicking my ass.

This week has been doing just that. I was ready to come back from vacation, and even ready to go back to work, but it's been a pretty crazy week, and I just want to say, well, make it stop. Long days at the office, and lots of meetings have me very glad today is Friday.

I haven't finished writing about Boston - the post is half done - but it was so wonderful, and great to see people I've missed. And it's funny that just as I was realizing that it was people I missed more than the town, that I started meeting people in my neighborhood. Yes, cue the Mr. Rogers soundtrack, I was back at my local last night meeting new friends. I love meeting new friends. Especially funny ones, who make me laugh with mohawks and wisecracks, I even had a conversation about politics that was totally civil. So it's been a good after-hours week, but I'm still glad it's over, and I'm staying in tonight. There's a pair of comfy pants that have been feeling neglected...

No comments: