Monday, April 28, 2008

Whew! Are we there yet??

The answer is: yes. Somehow I survived - it only took me eleven hours to get from DC to Boulder, CO. I guess the good thing about connecting through O'Hare is that when your flight into O'Hare is delayed, you can be pretty sure that your flight out will be, too. It was the Super Shuttle from Denver to Boulder, though, that was the end of me. The big van shakes more than one of those old wooden roller coasters. It was a 45 minute drive. I sent the following email to the family:

From: Astrowahoo
Date: Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:40 PM
Subject: I-i-i'm s-s-sh-shaking
To: momola, daddo, merebear, and christopher

Supershuttle? Soooo not the way to travel - my back itches from the
seat jostling my bra strap. I've bitten my tongue. And I can't hold
a book to read and distract myself. All I can do is sit here and
shake.


now it's time for a shower and some sleep.

No comments: